Situated 5 km north of Beaune, this village was mentioned in 936 for the first time but only took on its present name of Savigny-lès-Beaune in 1863. Vineyards have been planted here for a long time. They belonged to the Dukes of Burgundy then to the Cistercian monks. The vines are planted at an altitude of 220 to 360 metres on particularly chalky ground which is what gives the wines of Savigny such great refinement. In view of their finesse and lightness they are often qualified as “feminine wines”. Perfumed notes of berry fruit. Soft and willowy, this is an elegant wine with good ageing potential.